Friday, 3 August 2012

A Couple of New Things

I've been feeling strangely out of sorts recently (nothing serious I hasten to add, just overly tired and odd), so this is just a quick post to share a couple of recent acquisitions with you.

First up is this rather marvellous dress which I adore:

Vintage 1950s Dress, £45 from Raiders Vintage

Close up of belt (yes that is a hair pin holding the belt up)

I love the colours on this dress and the amazing pattern. Also I do love a matching belt and I think the buttons are real mother of pearl (they're cold to the touch)! There's no label but I'm positive it's not homemade because of the belt. Love, love, love it! (Because I haven't said 'Love' enough yet *rolls eyes*)


We went to a few Shops de Charité (as A likes to call them) over on the Wirral, but not lots as we were mainly doing Other Things (cryptic). I didn't get a lot but I did get this fab book on making toys for children:

80 Toys to Make for Children - £1, Oxfam (apologies for wonky photograph)
I'm a sucker for vintage craft books and especially ones about soft toys. I couldn't resist the lamb on the front cover. I think I'll make him first.

How fab is this Noah's Ark set?

Better picture of the lamb

I also got a couple of fab vintage throws. They're both the same pattern and have fringed edges:

Just a detail of the throw

Great colours and they'll be fab for our sofa.

I also got a new phone and a load of new ballet pumps as my old ones are knackered.
I'd better take myself off to bed, I'm falling asleep.

Nighty night

Nikki x

14 comments:

  1. The frock is gorgeous and I love the fab throw I would totally have it made into a frock! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the throw would be too heavy to make into a dress - it's that weird thick poly-cotton stuff. The pattern would look fab on a dress though.

      Nikki x

      Delete
  2. The dress is so pretty - and does this one fit?! i do hope so! And hope you feel less out of sorts soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it does fit but is a little on the snug side at the bust - I really must invest in a minimiser bra soon (I hate bra shopping with a passion though). I'm feeling much better today. I think I know what it was now too, it just took me by surprise.

      Nikki x

      Delete
  3. That is one special frock. I can see why you LOVE it! Gorgeous print & style. Looking forward to seeing you model it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have worn it since buying it - it's definitely a feelgood dress. I'll wear it tomorrow and post pics.

      Nikki x

      Delete
  4. Oh the dress is the most pretty pattern, and will be such a lovely style to wear.
    The throws are fabulous.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the pattern on the dress reminds me of something but I can't think what right now - gah!

      Nikki x

      Delete
  5. Oh my! I love everything in this post. The dress is utterly fabulous. Can't wait to see an outfit post featuring that one. Also, the book is so cute and the throws - wow! Right up my street xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I couldn't leave any of them behind. I think I'll put the throws on the couch tonight - it could do with a changeover.

      Nikki x

      Delete
  6. Ooooh that is a wonderful frock. It's a beauty. I have the same gem of a book, it used to belong to my gran AND I had the same throw on my bed when I was a little girly. What blasts from the past.
    Love your blog.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Have you made anything from the book? I'd love to see them if you have. Clearly you had an amazing bedroom too.

      Nikki x

      Delete
  7. Stunning dress, I love it too! Great buy. And I have a lamb I made at craft club which is pretty much the one you've shown, he's felt and has manic eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! The lamb is ace - I'd love to see the one you made. I'm not sure why this one has big black eyebrows. I've got plans to scan some of my vintage craft books and maybe do a regular feature type-thing with them. I've got some crackers!

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete