Friday, 13 July 2012

The Plan


Due to the fact my job is seasonal, at the end of October I will be out of a job. If I want my job back I can re-apply, but it won't start again until March (I'm not guaranteed to get it back either but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it). I have decided to start saving money from my wages now so that I don't have to work during the season break and use that time to start doing stalls and selling vintage full time. The minimum I need each month to cover our bills is £500, so I need to save half my wages from the next four months (I don't exactly get paid a fortune) to have enough to see me through the break.

This does mean I'll only have £500 to live on each month for the next 8 months and nothing to spend on myself. If I want to spend money on myself from now on I WILL HAVE TO SELL THINGS and not just bloody accumulate them! If I do get my job back next year I won't have to work Sundays anymore so I will be able to sell at vintage fairs on Sundays.

It has occurred to me that this blog may as well be called 'What I Bought' and if I don't have any money to spend on Treasure Hunting I will probably run out of things to talk about pretty quickly. I'd better get a move on really - wish me luck!


Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment