Monday, 18 June 2012

Another Auction Jaunt

Today I went to another auction viewing - this time at a different auction house. I'd seen that they had a couple of lots of vintage children's books in their sale tomorrow, so I thought I'd go and have a look. The lot I particularly wanted had been with drawn and I didn't love any of the other lots enough to place bids - although I was tempted by some kitschy and risque 1960s film posters, but they weren't in the best condition so I thought I'd save my money.

I'm glad I did because I popped into the charity shops whilst I was there and got these lovely things:


Two Carlton Walking Ware Teapots

I do love Walking Ware and I've got a few pieces already. I'd made a note recently in my Blog notebook to do a post on it as it's so cool, but surprisingly it isn't something that tends to crop up at vintage fairs and I've never seen any vintage bloggers mention it. So I'll write a post about it at some point.


So sweet!

These two aren't in the best of condition - they're a bit crazed and both have had their handles broken and repaired, but the ladies in the shop said they'd been there for ages so I couldn't leave them behind. Plus I didn't already have a teapot and who could resist those cute shoes?

Blazer - £5
I do love a bit of herringbone
 
I also got this blazer which I think looks a bit 1940s but is certainly modern. It fits really well, but I'm not sure what I'll actually wear it with - I definitely need a brown skirt to go with it.

Disney's Aristocats Record

"Thomas O'Malley, O'Malley the Alley Cat..."
I also got this Disney Aristocats record - I love that film! It's one record - these are both sides of the sleeve. Unfortunately we don't have a record player at the moment, which is something we'll have to rectify.

Here we go round the Mulberry Bush Ladybird Book and The Magic Bus book
These two are to sell on - the Ladybird has a gloss cover so is probably from the 1980s and it's not a title I've seen before and I think the Magic Bus has a bit of a cult following, so I picked that up too.
The Mill on the Floss and Adam Bede by George Eliot
I love these editions - I have a matching copy of The Old Curiosity Shop too. I bought these to sell, but as I've not read much Eliot (just Silas Marner when I was at school) I might give these a read first. I think A's mum has recommended the Mill on the Floss to me before, so I'll start with that.

Vintage Dressing Gown

Pattern detail
The dressing gown I'm going to hang onto to see if A wants it - if not, I'll sell it.

After struggling home with my haul on the train then on the bus, I went home and fell asleep watching TV on the couch - an early night for me tonight I think :)


Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment