Sunday, 27 May 2012

Outfit Co-ordination

I'm not great at outfit co-ordination, mainly because I tend to concentrate on acquiring the clothes rather than the accessories and items to go with them, in fact I really struggle with finding the right accessories - especially things like shoes, cardigans and bags. Because of this I don't really give much thought to my whole outfit - it is something I'm trying to change though and this year I really want to try and get build in some key items into my wardrobe.  Today, however, whilst I was reading in the garden at work, I noticed I'd somehow managed to match my book to my dress... which I was quite amused about.


1950s Dress from Pop Boutique on Bold Street, Sherlock Holmes book, part of a box set from a Car Boot


I've only actually read the first couple of Sherlock Holmes books and I loved them, so I thought I'd finally get round to reading the whole series, starting with re-reading the first two. I have seen the entire ITV series with the wonderful Jeremy Brett though (it was £20 down from £120 on Amazon - bargain!), so I know most of the stories. It always surprises me how dark they are too. I loved the BBC adaptation Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman and am really pleased when they reference the books, but put a twist on it. A and I started watching the film with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law and had to turn it off after half an hour as we thought it was appalling. Lots of other people we know thought it was a great film though. This seems to happen a lot lately - if loads of people rave about something we usually think it's pants.

Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment